Can Adafruit IO knew subscription device connected
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can Adafruit IO knew subscription device connected

by tuinui74 on Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 am

Hi There, I'm newbie for IoT thing and start learn adafruit.IO which is really great tool, my curiosity , how/can Adafruit.IO broker understand the subscription device was ready and could contact to serve, AKA hand-check protocol, if there is, how to set it
appreciate advice

tuinui74

Re: Can Adafruit IO knew subscription device connected

by abachman on Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

Hi tuinui74,

I've not heard of a "hand-check protocol" before and I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but Adafruit IO doesn't reach out to connect to your device. That is, devices in the Adafruit IO ecosystem are not servers, they are clients only. That means your device only makes connections to Adafruit IO, but Adafruit IO can't make a connection back to your device.

The Adafruit IO broker uses a subset of the MQTT protocol to handle authentication, publishing, and subscribing to feeds and HTTP for more complicated data management.

Are you having trouble with a particular piece of code or trying to build a specific project?

- adam b.

abachman

by tuinui74 on Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am

abachman wrote:Hi tuinui74,

I've not heard of a "hand-check protocol" before and I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but Adafruit IO doesn't reach out to connect to your device. That is, devices in the Adafruit IO ecosystem are not servers, they are clients only. That means your device only makes connections to Adafruit IO, but Adafruit IO can't make a connection back to your device.

The Adafruit IO broker uses a subset of the MQTT protocol to handle authentication, publishing, and subscribing to feeds and HTTP for more complicated data management.

Are you having trouble with a particular piece of code or trying to build a specific project?

- adam b.

Thx, Adam, you have enlighten me,
I tried to find false check either device busy or disconnected to network, do you have ideal how to handle that ?
appreciate your advice

tuinui74

by abachman on Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 pm

I tried to find false check either device busy or disconnected to network, do you have ideal how to handle that ?

I don't think I follow. Are you trying to find out through https://io.adafruit.com whether a device is connected?

Do you have any example code that illustrates the problem you're having?

- adam b.

abachman

by tuinui74 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 pm

abachman wrote:

I don't think I follow. Are you trying to find out through https://io.adafruit.com whether a device is connected?

Do you have any example code that illustrates the problem you're having?

- adam b.

Hi Adam,
I just follow this instruction https://iotdesignpro.com/projects/google-assistant-controlled-led-using-ESP32-and-adafruit-io,
everything work well, but the scenario was if I command to google assistant to turn on LED but ESP32 board wasn't power up or not connect to network, google just respond they success.
I like to understand if adafruit IO could talk to google assistant and declared we didn't found the device or un-success to connect to board
appreciate your help

tuinui74

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.