Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

Configuration parameters in AP mode
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Configuration parameters in AP mode

by diego1971 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am

Hello, I need to configure the connection parameters, to the new library Adafruit io for esp8266, from the outside. In other words, enter ssid, password, username io and key io from a web page in AP mode. Can you tell me how to do it? Thank you now.
Diego

diego1971

Re: Configuration parameters in AP mode

by brubell on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Adafruit IO Arduino doesn't support a captive portal via AP mode. You might have success trying https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager with it, though, to pass in the wifi parameters.

brubell

by diego1971 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:56 am

Good evening, I tried to use the wificonfigmanager library, but I have difficulties to initializing the adafruit connection AdafruitIO_WiFi io (IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS); The compiler tells me that the variable io does not exist, as I initialize it in the setup after I entered the wificonfig parameters. You can give me some suggestions please. I thank anyone who can help me. Diego

diego1971

by brubell on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm

diego1971 wrote:Good evening, I tried to use the wificonfigmanager library, but I have difficulties to initializing the adafruit connection AdafruitIO_WiFi io (IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS); The compiler tells me that the variable io does not exist, as I initialize it in the setup after I entered the wificonfig parameters. You can give me some suggestions please. I thank anyone who can help me. Diego

If you're hitting the IO does not exist error - there's a chance that the constructor was not called properly:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
AdafruitIO_WiFi io(IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS);

I have not tried using the library with WiFiManager (doesn't support ESP32 yet...)

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.