Configuration parameters in AP mode
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Configuration parameters in AP mode

by diego1971 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am

Hello, I need to configure the connection parameters, to the new library Adafruit io for esp8266, from the outside. In other words, enter ssid, password, username io and key io from a web page in AP mode. Can you tell me how to do it? Thank you now.
Diego

diego1971

Re: Configuration parameters in AP mode

by brubell on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Adafruit IO Arduino doesn't support a captive portal via AP mode. You might have success trying https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager with it, though, to pass in the wifi parameters.

brubell

by diego1971 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:56 am

Good evening, I tried to use the wificonfigmanager library, but I have difficulties to initializing the adafruit connection AdafruitIO_WiFi io (IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS); The compiler tells me that the variable io does not exist, as I initialize it in the setup after I entered the wificonfig parameters. You can give me some suggestions please. I thank anyone who can help me. Diego

diego1971

by brubell on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm

diego1971 wrote:Good evening, I tried to use the wificonfigmanager library, but I have difficulties to initializing the adafruit connection AdafruitIO_WiFi io (IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS); The compiler tells me that the variable io does not exist, as I initialize it in the setup after I entered the wificonfig parameters. You can give me some suggestions please. I thank anyone who can help me. Diego

If you're hitting the IO does not exist error - there's a chance that the constructor was not called properly:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
AdafruitIO_WiFi io(IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS);

I have not tried using the library with WiFiManager (doesn't support ESP32 yet...)

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.