8051 micro controller to Adafruit IO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

8051 micro controller to Adafruit IO

by yadnik17 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 am

Hello sir,
I am doing a project to send sensor value to the Adafruit server with 8051 microcontroller. I use here 8051 because our university don't allow us to use Arduino in our project because libraries are available on the internet for Arduino which help the student to code less, hence our university don't allow us to use Arduino.
My project is, to send sensor value to Adafriut server. I am connecting to the internet using the GSM900A module. but whenever I send parameter to the server it shows an error.
My question is, how to encode a byte like a key, server name, a port in code to send combined value to the server. I also tried many documentation on the internet but not able to get that much knowledge. Please help me, sir.
Your any help is appreciable.
Thank you.

Thanks and Regards
yadnik

yadnik17

Re: 8051 micro controller to Adafruit IO

by abachman on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi yd17,

Can you show your code and the error message you're getting back from Adafruit IO? Are you sure you're able to reach io.adafruit.com from your device? What API endpoint are you using? Are you able to make other web requests from your device?

The create data HTTP API will support what you're trying to do, but it sounds like there may be some other issues before you get to that point.

- adam b.

abachman

Re: 8051 micro controller to Adafruit IO

by yadnik17 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 am

Thank you for your reply.
Actually at the first time, when I was uploading a sensor value by Arduino and wifi module it was working fine. But now I move to 8051, hence it totally different for me. I also used to send data to the server using GSM module but still, "error " message is displayed on the terminal, because I have to use GSM module in my project. I am using MQTT protocol to send data to the server, after reading the documentation on MQTT I understand packet structure but not able to frame the structure of packet, because to authenticate we need to provide a username, password etc etc..
It will be very helpful if you tell me how to frame data and send to server using GSM. The later coding part is simple if we understand the main logic behind the project. Please help me, sir.
Please provide a suggestion to do this stuff. Your any help is appreciable.
Thank you.

Thanks and Regards
yadnik

yadnik17

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.