IO data saved vs presentation on dashboard
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

IO data saved vs presentation on dashboard

by wsquared58 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Does IO save the full spec range of the sensors in its database rather than saving what is defined as min max on a given dashboard.
If there is a significant change to data, can I come back and re-range the min and max I have defined on a dashboard for typical operation to view just how far from normal the sensor went?

wsquared58

Re: IO data saved vs presentation on dashboard

by abachman on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:56 pm

IO saves every value you send to feeds with history turned on. The charts are for display purposes only, and depending on the amount of data in the feed for the time range requested, may show aggregate data points. So, regardless of what settings dashboard blocks have, feeds have all the data, blocks just show it.

If there is a significant change to data, can I come back and re-range the min and max I have defined on a dashboard for typical operation to view just how far from normal the sensor went?

Totally, the min/max are there to keep charts from going wild when there's a big fluctuation in data. You can turn them on, off, or change them whenever you like.

- adam b.

abachman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.