Enterprise io
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Enterprise io

by Dale_Automation on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Dear Staff:

I am looking for some help in contacting the enterprise department of Adafruit. I am needing help in setting my io feeds for multiple channels from clients of multiple companies, and what the rates are for this class of data hosting. I am wondering how secure is the ESP8266 breakout board is if I am only sending data (temp, humidity, pressures). My concern would be hackers accessing someone's LAN at home or in a business through the WiFi.

Would I need to go to the ESP32 breakout if I am controlling equipment?

I really appreciate your many video and helps. I has radically cut my R&D time!

Thanks, Dale.

Dale_Automation

Re: Enterprise io

by brubell on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:48 pm

I am needing help in setting my io feeds for multiple channels from clients of multiple companies, and what the rates are for this class of data hosting

If you need multiple feeds - Adafruit IO Plus ($99/yearly or $10/mo) will give you 60 data points per minute, 60 days of data storage, and Unlimited feeds (https://io.adafruit.com/plus).

You may also want to look into Amazon AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT or Particle for commercial solutions. These services are built for commercial applications and have features 1which simplify provisioning and managing a fleet of devices.

Would I need to go to the ESP32 breakout if I am controlling equipment?

This depends on your hardware setup, what would you be controlling?

I am wondering how secure is the ESP8266 breakout board is if I am only sending data (temp, humidity, pressures).

The Adafruit IO Arduino library connects to Adafruit IO's MQTT and HTTP APIs securely (SSL/TLS) by default.

I really appreciate your many video and helps. I has radically cut my R&D time!

Thank you!

brubell

Re: Enterprise io

by Dale_Automation on Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:08 pm

Brubell,

Thank you. This is most helpful.

Dale.

Dale_Automation

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.