Using 2 Feather Huzzahs with adafruit.io
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using 2 Feather Huzzahs with adafruit.io

by ScottTorres on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 am

Hello!

I've been trying to find a solution to controlling LED strips on two bookshelves in opposite corners of the room and the Feather Huzzah has caught my eye. I'm not too familiar with adafruit.io, but I do believe I should be able to set colors for one bookshelf pretty easily. My only question is can I control two at the same time? If not, would there be an easy way to make them communicate with each other to sync the colors I set for one?

I was originally planning on using a Feather 32u4 Bluefruit to control the LEDs on just one bookshelf, but I thought it would be cool if both could be controlled at the same time.

ScottTorres

Re: Using 2 Feather Huzzahs with adafruit.io

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 pm

[moved to the adafruit.io forum]

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Using 2 Feather Huzzahs with adafruit.io

by brubell on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 am

My only question is can I control two at the same time? If not, would there be an easy way to make them communicate with each other to sync the colors I set for one?

You can control two Huzzahs with Adafruit IO at the same time, each Huzzah maintains its own connection to Adafruit IO.

If you want to set the colors independently of each other - you could create two feeds (huzzah1color and huzzah2color, for example), subscribe the huzzah to its respective feed, and change the colors on the feed.

If you'd want to set the colors of both of them simultaneously - create a feed named huzzahcolor and have both Huzzah's subscribe to that feed. Changes to the feed will be reflected by both Huzzah's at the same time, since they're both "listening" for the feed.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.