what are the blue and gray scrolling squares on io.adafruit.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

what are the blue and gray scrolling squares on io.adafruit.

by jimk123 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:39 am

2019-09-01 (2).png
2019-09-01 (2).png (33.54 KiB) Viewed 87 times

just curious, on the io.adafruit.com web page i see little blue and gray squares scrolling across ?
thanks

jimk123

Re: what are the blue and gray scrolling squares on io.adafr

by jimk123 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm

I was trying add a new feed and it gave me an error message something about a invalid token, and then I noticed at the top of the screen instead of the little blue and gray squares there are little red and gray squares. I have been signed into the webpage for at least 24 hours, I don’t know something timed out my session? I signed out, signed back in was able to create the new feed and now along the top of the screen it’s back to the little blue and gray squares.

Curious what does the little squares mean and colors, and also does adafruit time at your Web session after certain number of hours?
I am using win10 and chrome.
Thanks

jimk123

by abachman on Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi jimk123,

The squares are just a rough visual log of data received by IO over time. Each block represents about 10 seconds of time, if data was received in that window, blue square, if not, gray square. That bar turning red means there's a problem with the page's MQTT connection. Long stretch of gray where you expect to see some blue? Device or sensor might be offline.

The "invalid token" warning means your browser was holding on to credentials IO didn't recognize. It means you either signed out of io.adafruit.com or accounts.adafruit.com, which expires all other browser sessions, or your login session expired, which happens about 90 days after you sign in. OR, something happened to your browser session that made IO think one of those things happens. Could be a plugin or extension? Maybe something that interacts with cookies or javascript on sites you visit.

- adam b.

abachman

by jimk123 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Thank you ! Great info to know

jimk123

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.