[SOLVED] dashboard q. decimal places and color coding
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

[SOLVED] dashboard q. decimal places and color coding

by jimk123 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm

I am using some gauge blocks on my dashboard to show temp and humidity. Is there a way to specify the number of decimal positions ? currently its shows two decimal points but I would like to only display one , e.g. 72.3 vs 72.33 for certain feeds and two decimal points for others.

Also when assigning high and low values it changes the color from blue to yellow. is there a way to pick a different color ? On a temp gauge was thinking if I could specify red it would stand out more if it exceeded the high or low range ?

is there a place in the forums where users could suggest future enhancements to the dashboard ?

thanks

jimk123

Re: dashboard q. decimal places and color coding

by mikeysklar on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Hello jimk123,

You can use the dashboard config.ini to specific how many decimal_digits to display. Here is an example config.

https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi ... dafruit-io

[slider]
type = SevenSegmentWidget
address = 0x74
decimal_digits = 0

[humidity]
address = 0x76
decimal_digits = 2

[temp]
address = 0x71
decimal_digits = 1

===

The "Indicator blocks" let you pin on/off and range colors using "Block settings".

https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... rd-blocks/

mikeysklar

by jimk123 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks for the reply, those links seem to be for the raspberry pi. I am using a esp8266 to upload feeds for temp and humidity and then using a browser to go to io.adafruit.com and viewing a dashboard. Not sure I understand how the config.ini is used ?
Thanks

jimk123

by brubell on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:32 am

jimk123 wrote:Thanks for the reply, those links seem to be for the raspberry pi. I am using a esp8266 to upload feeds for temp and humidity and then using a browser to go to io.adafruit.com and viewing a dashboard. Not sure I understand how the config.ini is used ?
Thanks

The config.ini is out of date @mikeysklar.

Is there a way to specify the number of decimal positions ? currently its shows two decimal points but I would like to only display one , e.g. 72.3 vs 72.33 for certain feeds and two decimal points for others.

@jimk123: You can't specify decimal places for the gauge, you'd need to truncate the value (72.33 to 72.3) in your code, before sending it to Adafruit IO.

Also when assigning high and low values it changes the color from blue to yellow. is there a way to pick a different color ? On a temp gauge was thinking if I could specify red it would stand out more if it exceeded the high or low range ?

Not currently

is there a place in the forums where users could suggest future enhancements to the dashboard ?

Post up in this thread - IO Devs read it frequently:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=130408

brubell

by jimk123 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Thank you !

jimk123

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.