Connecting to ios and Android mqtt apps
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Connecting to ios and Android mqtt apps

by jpilarski on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:39 pm

I am trying to connect to io.adafruit from a number of different mqtt dashboard style apps. I've tried mqtt dashboard, mqtt dash, my mqtt dash, iot mqtt panel, and others. None of them connect to io.adafruit.com. I have tried 1883, 8883, 4883 and every combination of options they provide. I can connect easily to other brokers with these apps but not to io.adafruit.com. I am now having to use a bridge from cloudmqtt.com to io.adafruit.com in order to send a message to io.adafruit.com. That works fine but seems like an unnecessary step since I shouldn't need a bridge. I don't understand why it's so easy to connect to other brokers but not to io.adafruit.com using these apps. Does it have something to do with websockets although some of these apps give tcp and mqtt options and still no luck. Please let me know what the issue might be.

jpilarski

Re: Connecting to ios and Android mqtt apps

by brubell on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 am

Could you provide more information about the types of errors you're running into or the error messages the applications provide? The Adafruit IO key should be set as a password, and your Adafruit IO username as the username.

I don't have an android phone handy - could you provide a name of one of the iOS Applications you've attempted to connect to the Adafruit IO broker and we'll try to debug it?

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.