Microbit to adafruit IO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Microbit to adafruit IO

by mrwomack on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Is there a way to use the serial usb of the micro:bit too send data to adafruit IO? I have several breakout boards that I use with middle school students, and it would be nice if we could send our data to the dashboard. But most of the boards use the edge connector, so only the usb port is open on the micro:bit. Additionally, the students have access to Chromebooks, and I haven't found a good way to graph the data from sensors on Chromebooks, like I can with MU on the PC. Any suggestions there? Thank you.

mrwomack

Re: Microbit to adafruit IO

by nickine9 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:53 am

whilst only a partial answer (i don't log data anywhere on the web) I have a system that runs code on microbits to send data via radio to another microbit which uses serial to forward the data to a raspberry pi zero (which runs its own web server to process and store the data). All the microbit code was built using make code with python/flask running on the pi zero.

nickine9

Re: Microbit to adafruit IO

by mrwomack on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 am

I was hoping for a way that doesn't need a PI, as I have too use equipment we already have in class ( we've spent, or budgeted the extra funds we have already). Thank you for the ideas, and maybe I'll be able to get some for next year.

mrwomack

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.