GPy+LTE+MQTT+io.adafruit.com
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

GPy+LTE+MQTT+io.adafruit.com

by shutterspark on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Has anyone been able to succesfully publish data to a io.adafruit dashboard using the LTE modem on the GPY? I have been able to get it to registed and sync the RTC, I have been able to get it to publish to adafruit using WIFI, however I cannot get it working using LTE. Im stumped.

shutterspark

Re: GPy+LTE+MQTT+io.adafruit.com

by brubell on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:35 am

If you're able to publish using your GPy using WiFi, your Adafruit IO connection details are correct.

You may want to check if you can connect to the internet using LTE. Are you able to connect to the internet (ping a website)? Are you able to connect to the Adafruit IO MQTT broker?

- brent r.

brubell

by shutterspark on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 am

I am able to connect to the Internet with LTE using an example code I got on GIT that pulls Real Time Data from a server to give me Real TIme Clock feed back. I suppose I am having issues using the UMQTT library because I am getting errors such as "Cannot Import MQTTClient".

shutterspark

by brubell on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 am

shutterspark wrote:I am able to connect to the Internet with LTE using an example code I got on GIT that pulls Real Time Data from a server to give me Real TIme Clock feed back. I suppose I am having issues using the UMQTT library because I am getting errors such as "Cannot Import MQTTClient".

Ok - this sounds like a problem with the GPy, not Adafruit IO (specifically, an issue with how the library is installed on the device). We do not offer support for PyCom's hardware or software (we do offer support for Adafruit IO), please ask the manufacturer for support on their forum: https://forum.pycom.io/

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.