📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Attention all domestic customers! Please place UPS Ground and USPS First Class & Priority orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦 Attention all international customers! Please place all UPS WORLDWIDE EXPRESS; SAVER, and DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦

Change Adafruit IO Account Ownership
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Change Adafruit IO Account Ownership

by jhallas on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:56 pm

We have an Adafruit IO account that was set up by a former coworker. It was billed to my credit card, but registered to his name and email.

The payments to the account have expired, and it has been downgraded to a free account. Event though he is no longer at our company, we would like to start using this account again.

How do I reconfigure the account so that it at a minimum has my email address in it? One hitch is that I am already registered with Adafruit, so when I try to change the email address to my email address, I get the error message that the email address already has been taken.

Thanks!

jhallas

Re: Change Adafruit IO Account Ownership

by brubell on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:08 am

Since this issue is specific to your account credentials and billing -

Could you navigate to http://io.adafruit.com/feedback and click Contact Adafruit IO Support:

io_support_click.png
io_support_click.png (102.71 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Then, click "I have a question about Adafruit IO+ or Adafruit IO payments", and fill out the form there with the information from this thread. We'll be able to solve this issue better from there.

- brent r.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.