🎁📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 2 Day orders by 11am Monday, December 16 📦❄️📬🎁

Trigger on No Data?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trigger on No Data?

by john87 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Surely this is covered or asked elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

I'd like to get a message if my feed stops. Normally the device sends every 30 seconds and I'd like to get an alert if there is no data sent to IO in a minute. This could be from a power failure or Internet outage, which has happened enough to make me want this feature. All I saw in the Trigger setup were comparisons of sizes of values.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

John

john87

Re: Trigger on No Data?

by brubell on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 am

I'd like to get a message if my feed stops. Normally the device sends every 30 seconds and I'd like to get an alert if there is no data sent to IO in a minute. This could be from a power failure or Internet outage, which has happened enough to make me want this feature. All I saw in the Trigger setup were comparisons of sizes of values.

You'll want to set a notification on the feed(s) you're sending data towards.

From the Adafruit IO Website, navigate to the feed you want notifications for:
notifications.png
notifications.png (17.74 KiB) Viewed 64 times

When notifications are activated, Adafruit IO will send an email to alert you if no new data has been received for your feed within the given amount of time. You can specify it in the window which pops up when you click the Notifications text.
notifications2.png
notifications2.png (139.87 KiB) Viewed 64 times

brubell

Re: Trigger on No Data?

by john87 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks!

That should do it; now I just have to get it back online and see what happens.

Best,

John

john87

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.