🎁📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 2 Day orders by 11am Monday, December 16 📦❄️📬🎁

Can't change Group names and/or keys...
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can't change Group names and/or keys...

by cstanke on Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello!

When I'm on any Group's page and I click the "Group Info" link at the right, I see editable fields for "Name" and "Key." When I edit those fields, and click the "Save" button at the bottom-right of the "Edit Group" panel, the cursor changes from a hand to a triangle with a "no" circle and the Save and Cancel buttons become disabled.

At this point, nothing else happens. The "Edit Group" panel never goes away, the "Cancel" and "Save" buttons remain disabled, and the only way to close the panel is by clicking the little "X" at the top-right. The Group info never reflects the changes I made and the Name and Key remain as they were.

How can I change Group names and keys? I don't have a problem changing Feed names and keys.

I'm using Safari 13.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.15.1.

Thanks in advance for your attention and guidance.

cstanke

Re: Can't change Group names and/or keys...

by cstanke on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm

I actually have basically the same problem if I try to move a feed from one group to another by adding the existing feed from within the new group's page. That is, choosing "Add Feed to Group" from the group's "Action" menu.

cstanke

by cstanke on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:17 pm

I can't change the names or keys at the io.adafruit.com website on iOS Safari either, though the behavior is a bit different.

I'm I the only one with this problem? Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

cstanke

by cstanke on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am

Does no one else have this problem?

cstanke

by brubell on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am

cstanke wrote:Does no one else have this problem?

I was able to replicate this bug and filed an internal bug report. For now, you may need to make a new group/feed and delete the previous one until this bug is patched/deployed.

brubell

by cstanke on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks @brubell!

It’s nice to know I’m not just “seeing” things. :-)

cstanke

by brubell on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 am

cstanke,

This bug has been fixed and io.adafruit.com has been updated. Let us know if the problem persists.

brubell

by cstanke on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am

Seems to work just fine now on my desktop and phone! Thanks for the follow up. This has been solved!

Many thanks!

cstanke

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.