🎁📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 2 Day orders by 11am Monday, December 16 📦❄️📬🎁

Display on Android devices messed up
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Display on Android devices messed up

by DevilWAH on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

When going to the web dash board view on my android phone i am seeing over lapping graphs, cant scroll the dashboard, and it does not scale to the phone resolution.

I cam across this thread which suggests it works fine?

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=146542&p=724479&hilit=android#p724466

Is there a specific link to use for the dashboard on phones? I feel i must be missing something I dont want to make the dashboard public. I want to be able to sign in as it has controls to make changes (push and pull)

DevilWAH

Re: Display on Android devices messed up

by DevilWAH on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Screenshot_20191202-224820.png
Screenshot_20191202-224820.png (139.58 KiB) Viewed 53 times

this is anther screen shot and the pop up info boxes will not hide them selves....

DevilWAH

by brubell on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:38 am

You may want to try resizing the window size on your desktop web browser to the same size as your Android phone's resolution to get a better idea of how it'll display.

brubell

by DevilWAH on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:49 pm

brubell wrote:You may want to try resizing the window size on your desktop web browser to the same size as your Android phone's resolution to get a better idea of how it'll display.

But this means that it only works for one phone.

It would be nice if

1. The dashboard could Scale and Tile correctly when the viewing device changes. There is no point in being able to share a dashboard if it's not going to show up correctly on devices with different resolutions / aspect ratios.

2, When viewing a shared dashboard it did not show the Help, Quotes, tabs, etc but just a clean dashboard with a top or bottom banner for Adafruit.

To me if i am sharing a dashboard it should be clean, full screen does this but it would be nice if you could get a link for this view. Ie without all the other clutter that you can share directly.

I can also see the dashboards are tiled, and it does reposition elements when resize the screen / view, but it does not do this correctly and as per my screenshot below it makes it unusable.

DevilWAH

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.