Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Public dashboard does not display data correctly
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Public dashboard does not display data correctly

by jimk123 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:07 pm

I just changed one of my dashboards to public but the data does not display correctly in the public view. I am using Chrome on Win 10, and also tried it on a iPhone and iPad.

On my dashboard I have 3 indicator blocks (red/green) depending on logic state of 0 or 1 and it does not seem to read the data for those and 8 line graphs, but 3 are empty.

If I sign in everything looks ok.

thanks

jimk123

Re: Public dashboard does not display data correctly

by brubell on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am

Hi Jimk123,

On my dashboard I have 3 indicator blocks (red/green) depending on logic state of 0 or 1 and it does not seem to read the data for those and 8 line graphs, but 3 are empty.

You'll need to be signed into an Adafruit Account to view streaming-data for public dashboards.

- brent r.

brubell

by jimk123 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 am

I thought it would show a static data view when you open it ? 5 of my 8 line graphs show data but 3 are blank? Was almost positive this worked about a week ago

jimk123

by brubell on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:38 am

jimk123 wrote:I thought it would show a static data view when you open it ? 5 of my 8 line graphs show data but 3 are blank? Was almost positive this worked about a week ago

It should be static. Are the feeds on the line graphs set to public visibility?

Could you provide a picture?

brubell

by abachman on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:29 am

Hi jimk123,

Any blocks or feeds added to the dashboard after you make it public will not automatically be made public themselves. A quick way to change them to public is to toggle the dashboard private, then public again. It should pop up the "by making this dashboard public all feeds will become public" warning and data should be visible.

If you have already tried, that, we can take a look at IO and see if there's something happening to change the feeds back to private unintentionally.

- adam b.

abachman

by jimk123 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Hi Adam
That would explain it, after I made it public I did add three more line graphs, thank you !
Jim

jimk123

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.