how to setup feeds for multiple devices of same device type
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

how to setup feeds for multiple devices of same device type

by XoverIoT on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi there, I have set up my Sigfox Backende with a propriate callback. And I set up a feed for it in AdafruitIO.
My question is:
The pushing of data is done by a custom callback which is configured by a deviceType in the Sigfox Backend.
But this deviceType is used for all devices of this type. This means when I have e.g. 5 identical devices, they have all the same callback being triggered.
Usually I send the deviceId within the JSON object and when receiving in the cloud I can select the appropriate graph ( or here feed ).
How do I set up the feeds to get a feed for each single device?
Otherwise all data of all 5 devices go into one feed in AdafruitIO, which of course is mixing up the data.

XoverIoT

Re: how to setup feeds for multiple devices of same device t

by brubell on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:37 am

How do I set up the feeds to get a feed for each single device?

Adafruit IO currently does not support identifiers for different devices, it's something we want to implement the near future. For now, try making different feeds for each node - like SigFox1Temperature, SigFox2Temperature..

- brent r.

brubell

Re: how to setup feeds for multiple devices of same device t

by XoverIoT on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:03 pm

I see. Thanks for the reply.
But having individual feeds does not help, because in the Sigfox Backend you would have to define a seperate deviceType with an individual callback for every device. Beside the extra work this is both cracking up the concept of deviceTypes in the backend and it is not feasable for hundreds/thousands of nodes, which of course is the goal for professional devices.

So this means, I will have to wait for this feature to come here and use another plattform in the meantime.

Thanks again, best wishes,

XoverIoT

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.