Particle capabilities/limitations
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Particle capabilities/limitations

by rznazn on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:51 pm

I am considering testing the Particles for an ongoing development project at work. This is a general request for any first hand experience related to the Particles for collecting data from distributed sensors. As much as i can understand them better before spending money would be great. If you can touch on any of the following areas it would be appreciated:

Xenon and Argon uses, ranges between particles, largest numbers running simultaneously, what antennas you're using

successful or failed uses with lots of moving sensors with steady update ( 100+ 1Hz roughly 50 bytes), is the mesh "self-healing" if particles drop out or reposition?

if the Xenon can read a sensor, send those readings, and still act as a repeater. is it endpoint OR repeater or AND/OR?

Do/can they use specified static IPs? Is use of their could required?

Thanks for any help. I am using google too i assure you, but I prefer community first hand over rando google result any day, and with no declared R and D budget... you know, being sure goes a long way before making a purchase request..

rznazn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.