Custom IFTTT triggers
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Custom IFTTT triggers

by johnlavik on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 am

Greetings, I've created a temperature alarm for my refrigerator using the Feather Huzzah and a TMP36. I'm sending data to AdafruitIO and have set up IFTTT to alert me when the temperature rises above a threshold. I would prefer to have IFTTT wait for several temps over threshold before notifying me, but it seems like the only trigger available is a single comparison of value against threshold.

I saw in another post (I forget where) that someone seemed to have accomplished this. Does anyone know if it is possible (I assume it is) and how to do create a trigger like "if 3 consecutive readings > 50 then ...?

johnlavik

Re: Custom IFTTT triggers

by brubell on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:31 am

Adafruit IO Triggers can currently only execute based on one conditional statement.

To accomplish what you stated- your code would perform the if 3 consecutive readings > 50 then .. conditional statement. If it's true, it'd send a specific "trigger" value to the Adafruit IO feed. The trigger you set up would check this feed for the specific trigger value.

brubell

Re: Custom IFTTT triggers

by johnlavik on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks Brubell. That seems like a reasonable workaround (though it wouldn't allow me to monitor temps at the same time.) I suppose I could set up two feeds... one to monitor and one for the trigger. Thanks!

johnlavik

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.