LoRaWAN capability
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

LoRaWAN capability

by sairfan1 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:10 pm

I saw LoRaWAN Gateway https://www.adafruit.com/product/4345 on Adafruit for indoor use, I'm currently working on a project where i need about 200 LoRa nodes, sending data to LoRa Gateway every 75 seconds, (sending data is not too long, like Temperature, Humidity and pressure) because of too many nodes there is great possibility of transmission collusion, how can i handle it, can i add multiple Gateways?

In case i can use multiple Gateways, can i configure nodes to communicate with a particular Gateway?
How can i calculate max nodes for a gateway?
Is there any method to ensure that data from each node was submitted successfully?

sorry too many questions, you can advise any other solution for such requirement, thanks

sairfan1

Re: LoRaWAN capability

by brubell on Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:13 pm

because of too many nodes there is great possibility of transmission collusion, how can i handle it, can i add multiple Gateways?

Adding more gateways would prevent the change of dropped packets from your nodes, not collisions. You can assign a unique address/identifier to a LoraWAN device.

Is there any method to ensure that data from each node was submitted successfully?

TheThingsNetwork Console logs each data point received and includes a field for which node sent what data.

In case i can use multiple Gateways, can i configure nodes to communicate with a particular Gateway?

Ideally, Gateways listen over multiple channels and randomize the channel they're listening on. Nodes ideally transmit over multiple channels. You may be able to set the gateway and node(s) you'd like to address to an unique channel #.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.