Adafruit Industries, Essential service and business: NYC – Executive Order 202.6 - Read more.

Validation failed:Name has already been taken...
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Validation failed:Name has already been taken...

by RDMartin on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:21 pm

I teach a course where the students design and build an Arduino UNO shield that sends sensor data to Adafruit IO using an ESP8266. This year when I try to send a feed to Adafruit IO I get the following error "unexpected error saving data on xxxxxxx/feeds/counter, Validation failed: Name has already been taken, Key has already been taken"
I started over with a Huzzah8266 feather and went thru the Adafruit IO Basics:ESP8266, Arduino, & Adafruit IO! tutorial.
I can connect to the "wifitest.adafruit.com" host but when I run adafruitio_00_publish it connects and sends the counter but I get the same error in Adafruit IO.
Has something changed in the libraries in the last year that I need to account for to get my feeds to show up?!
Thanks!

RDMartin

Re: Validation failed:Name has already been taken...

by brubell on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:20 pm

It's likely trying to create another feed named counter, you may have a feed with the key set to counter.

Navigate to your feeds page and check for a key called counter and remove it.
screenshot_Feeds.png
screenshot_Feeds.png (73.08 KiB) Viewed 38 times

Then, try running the sketch again.

If you're still having this issue, please respond and I'll take a look into it. The functionality of the core feed methods of this library hasn't changed.

brubell

by RDMartin on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Thanks for the quick response. The funny thing is I have no feeds or even if I delete the all of the feeds I still get this error. I even tried generating a new AIO Key and I still get this error! I get a new error every time I sent data from the 8266. When I try to add a block to the dashboards no feeds are listed either.
Thanks
adafruit IO feeds.jpg
adafruit IO feeds.jpg (148.61 KiB) Viewed 36 times

RDMartin

by brubell on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:06 pm

This may be an account-related problem.

Could you please navigate to https://io.adafruit.com/feedback and click the Contact Adafruit IO Support button. Click "
There is an issue with Adafruit IO. Something is broken!" and include a link to this thread. Your request will be submitted along with Account details so we can assist you from there.

Thanks!

brubell

by RDMartin on Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Thanks. I completely deleted my IO account and started a new one and everything is working now!

RDMartin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.