Grand Central M4 fails to connect using "AdafruitIO_WiFi.h"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
marsmen

Re: Grand Central M4 fails to connect using "AdafruitIO_WiFi

Post by marsmen »

I downloaded and replaced with the updated changes.

It did not fix the issue.

I found the issue.

In WiFiNINA/src/WiFi.h, even though I updated it. It did not actually update the files. I manually removed the folder from the Arduino Library, downloaded the latest from https://github.com/adafruit/WiFiNINA

And put them in the library. That was successful.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Last week we rolled out a patch for the library which may have resolved the issue on the thread. Please update your Adafruit IO Arduino library to 3.6.0 (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO ... /tag/3.6.0).

Thanks!

ahoadley

Post by ahoadley »

The patch has solved the problem. Thanks
I am still having problems with my systems locking up at variable connect time ranging from 6 to 36 hours or so. This has happened with both python and Arduino versions. Still trying to figure this one out. My best guest is a random connection issue that either the library or my program can't recover.

marsmen

Post by marsmen »

I updated everything yesterday. Today, Arduino Library Manager said my updated WiFiNINA was old (ver 1.4.0). It updated to 1.5.0. It quick working.

The time date on the WiFi.h in WiFiNINA of the 1.5.0 is December 30, 2019.
The time date on the WiFi.h in WiFiNINA of the 1.4.0 is February 5, 2020.

I am using the files updated February 5, 2020 without issue. It has the wifi.setpins in is and something that fixes a timeout error alarm in Arduino IDE.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

marsmen wrote:I updated everything yesterday. Today, Arduino Library Manager said my updated WiFiNINA was old (ver 1.4.0). It updated to 1.5.0. It quick working.

The time date on the WiFi.h in WiFiNINA of the 1.5.0 is December 30, 2019.
The time date on the WiFi.h in WiFiNINA of the 1.4.0 is February 5, 2020.

I am using the files updated February 5, 2020 without issue. It has the wifi.setpins in is and something that fixes a timeout error alarm in Arduino IDE.
I do not know what you mean by quit working. Is the library unable to compile? Are you unable to connect to Adafruit IO?

Could you please paste the error you're getting from either the serial monitor or the Arduino IDE?

marsmen

Post by marsmen »

@brubell

It had the same errors with the wifi.setpins (same error repeated throughout the post) and a timing error.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”