Display AdafruitIO data on a website page

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
matson_adams

Display AdafruitIO data on a website page

Post by matson_adams »

Hi!
My project group and I are trying to think of a way to display our raw data from the adafruit to a nice user-friendly website (will be also created by us) . I know there is API documentation but I'm not quite sure if it will lead us to making a clean website. Anyone have any recommendations or useful tools to use?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Display AdafruitIO data on a website page

Post by brubell »

You could make a public Adafruit IO Dashboard, exporting and displaying feed data from IO is not really supported at this time.

matson_adams

Post by matson_adams »

Hi,
Can I technically make a webapp and make Get API calls to the AdafruitIO and retrieve the data?

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

matson_adams wrote:Hi,
Can I technically make a webapp and make Get API calls to the AdafruitIO and retrieve the data?
Sure, keeping in mind the API calls will be rate-limited.

easternstargeek

Post by easternstargeek »

Brubell,
Does this mean than another MQTT client cannot log in to Adafruit IO and subscribe to my feeds?

I am not a web developer, but I did manage to set up several feeds to Adafruit.io. I am happy with the results so far.

What I would like to do next is add an MQTT Client to an existing webpage for our community so that a few feeds can be visualized. I was going to ask for suggestions for a good plug-in that will play nice with BANNED, but now I have to ask if this is even possible right now?

Please advise.

Thank you, and kind regards,
Daniel

danielperez

Post by danielperez »

Hi Daniel, did you accomplish what you were triying to do? I want to do the same, i have some Feeds and Dashboards with data and i want to show it on my BANNED page.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”