Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Data Coincidence on IO server
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Data Coincidence on IO server

by paolometeo on Wed May 27, 2020 3:39 am

Hi,
I am using your IO server to send data from two sensors that work independently from each other.
One sensor sends data every 3’ and the other every 3’ 46” . Sometimes both data arrive with little difference of time, 2”, and your server collects them without problems. Other times a difference of 7” produces a strange effect: data are stored as 0 value with different time. In the picture feeds.png
feeds.png
feeds.png (588.27 KiB) Viewed 63 times
you can see the feeds from the two sensors where I indicate the 0 data collected.
This problem doesn’t occur during the time interval from about 10 am to 6 pm (Central Europe Time) when coincidences could occur, but it occurs many times in the rest of the day (see the TempG
TempGraph.JPG
TempGraph.JPG (26.65 KiB) Viewed 63 times
raph).
Have you any hypothesis that can explain this?
I am using your IO service free in order to test it and my IOT system. Of course I can adapt my system to your requirement avoiding coincidence of data but I want to be sure before doing this.

Thank-you
Paolo

paolometeo

Re: Data Coincidence on IO server

by brubell on Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 am

Do you have physical access to these sensors? Can you confirm that the sensors are not actually reporting 0 to the server at these times (by printing the sensor's reading to a serial output/monitor)?

brubell

Re: Data Coincidence on IO server

by paolometeo on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:34 am

Hi,
You have reason! It was a power problem of my sensors. Now I fixed the error.
Sorry and Thanks
Paolo

paolometeo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.