Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit IO -- IFTTT -- Google Assistant
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO -- IFTTT -- Google Assistant

by lindnerlars on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:57 am

Hello Adafruit and everybody. First thank you all for this forum and help. This is my first topic here.

I simply try to send voice commands to my Adafruit Feed using Google Assistant and IFTTT. I read many tutorials and forums and it seems to be pretty straightforward and easy. Anyway, I just can't make Google send my data to IFTTT. I always get the same response from Google Assistant:

"Sorry, it looks like the device hasn't been set up yet. You can do that in the Google Home app."

I followed this tutorial: https://www.guidingtech.com/solve-googl ... tup-error/ and it didn’t solve my problem. I used my Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro smartphone and also my Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580N Tablet and received the same problem. I read in a Google Forum, that others had the same problem too and that there are no solution yet (https://support.google.com/assistant/th ... 1095?hl=en).

I would like to ask the following questions:
1. Has anyone at Adafruit / users the same problem recently?
2. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?
3. Can anyone give me an idea of an alternative solution, how to send voice commands to Adafruit IO without using Google Assistant or even IFTTT?

Thanks Adafruit and everybody for your support and with best wishes
Lars

lindnerlars

Re: Adafruit IO -- IFTTT -- Google Assistant

by brubell on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am

1. Has anyone at Adafruit / users the same problem recently?

Haven't encountered this - I use Alexa + IFTTT for my voice commands.

It seems it's an issue with Google assistant, a few blogs I looked at said to try resyncing your devices ("hey google sync all devices") and checking that the device is named correctly.

brubell

by lindnerlars on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Hi "brubell", thank you very much for your fast reply.

Syncing, I also tried and Google Assistant only answer me, how to do this manually..... "nice job"

Have you tried to send numerical values to IFTTT using Alexa??

Thanks again and with best wishes,
Lars

lindnerlars

by brubell on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 am

lindnerlars wrote:Hi "brubell", thank you very much for your fast reply.

Syncing, I also tried and Google Assistant only answer me, how to do this manually..... "nice job"

Have you tried to send numerical values to IFTTT using Alexa??

Lars

No, Adafruit IO's IFTTT alexa workflow can currently only read from a fead, not write to one.

brubell

by lindnerlars on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:24 am

Hello "brubell", thank you very much for your reply.

Ok, no problem. So, let's roll out the problem from the beginning. I have an ESP doing some home automation stuff and I want to add an Internet IOT (a dashboard for example) together with voice control, without adding too much extra hardware (like a server or Raspberry for example) to my home solution.

In order not to have to run my own server, I am using Adafruit IO. Now, I am searching for an alternative solution, how to send voice commands to Adafruit IO without using Google Assistant or Alexa or even without IFTTT. Some opens-source voice recognition solution, which can send data to Adafruit over an API or whatever....

Lars

PS: I hope my wishes / ideas are not too utopian. :)

lindnerlars

by brubell on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:14 am

Have you tried zapier, http://zapier.com ?

brubell

by lindnerlars on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello "brubell", thank you very much for this idea.

I looked into zapier.com and I didn't saw a way, to send a numeric value to Adafruit IO. I can only define a specific phrase as trigger :(

And as I mentioned before, using Google Assistant didn't work, because the Google Assistant always gives the same response :
"Sorry, it looks like the device hasn't been set up yet. You can do that in the Google Home app."

I simply need to send a spoken numeric value to Adafruit IO or whatever Dashboard. Is there any solution to this?

Lars

lindnerlars

by Systembolaget on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:34 am

Systembolaget

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.