Deleting feed data led to problems

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
clonkerr

Deleting feed data led to problems

Post by clonkerr »

I deleted (not disabled) my feed data thinking it would clear out old values so I could start afresh. However I was then unable to send feed data with the original names - OK I wasn't sure if that was what the warning meant, but I couldn't then send any data with new feed names. I also noticed the Key was showing as Loading...... I generated a new key and used that but still couldn't send data. Tried many things of increasing impact and eventually resorted to "Delete all data, including IO account information" and started afresh and am OK now.
Is it possible to clear out data so only that going forward is shown ? I know I can click on the x beside a value but I had too many rogue values to do that.
Thanks

mikeysklar

Re: Deleting feed data led to problems

Post by mikeysklar »

clonkerr,

There is a 'Remove Selected Data' area on the actions drop down menu. You can kind of see it in the background of this image.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io- ... -feed-data
C3B113A5-5E71-4A52-A75A-AF028FF9635E.png
C3B113A5-5E71-4A52-A75A-AF028FF9635E.png (113.33 KiB) Viewed 144 times

clonkerr

Post by clonkerr »

I cannot find that option anywhere. In Feeds, if I click the Feed box and look at actions there is Delete selected feeds, but not Remove selected data.

OK I see that the screenshot is from the Downloads option. I will try that - I have to wait as it says I can only do it once every 10 minutes, though I haven't tried at all yet.
I get this window which doesn't show any option to remove data. If I click to download it just says I have to wait 10 minutes before trying again.
Selection_244.png
Selection_244.png (44.22 KiB) Viewed 142 times

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

This sounds like a bug with your account.

Could you navigate to https://io.adafruit.com/feedback

Click "Contact Adafruit IO support"

Click "there is an issue with Adafruit IO."

and paste the link to this forum topic.

We'll be able to help with account-specific issues via email.

clonkerr

Post by clonkerr »

Thanks, I did that. Apparently feed data can only be deleted one row at a time.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”