Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit IO SSL certificate change preventing connection.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO SSL certificate change preventing connection.

by bwees on Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:22 am

I have an esp8266 project that refuses to connect to adafruit.io staring yesterday at 6:30. This is consistent with other users on your Discord. From what we have found out, a new SSL certificate had been issued yesterday causing many devices to not connect. One can fix this with the FirmwareUpdate sketch in the Wifi101 library but, that is only for special adafruit boards. I am trying to figure out why no one was notified of this change and/or why this new certificate was not tested before being put in a production environment where many projects are dependant on it. I now do not feel that adafruit.io is a good platform to use if it becomes unreliable with no fix for a supported use case and/or a notification that there are issues with this new certificate. If you have any news on the situation and /or a possible fix, I would love to know.

Thanks

bwees

Re: Adafruit IO SSL certificate change preventing connection

by brubell on Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am

Hi Bwees,

The Adafruit IO SSL/TLS Certificate was updated yesterday. More details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=167114

Please let me know if you're having other issues or are unable to get connected to Adafruit IO

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.