Adafruit is open and shipping! Let's build back better, together!

Unreliable response time with IFTTT11
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Unreliable response time with IFTTT11

by Memphis102 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi just tried my first project with Adafruit.io. It is a simple PIR sensor that triggers a feed on Adafruit.io which works perfectly and immediately, but when I try to create an action on IFTTT that reads that feed and then triggers an action to turn on my MyQ light switch in my garage it fails to trigger. I have another applet on IFTTT that is entirely within the MyQ API on IFTTT that when the garage door opens turn on the light work flawlessly and immediately. The applet that I created with my sensor either entirely fails to trigger entirely or is delayed to the point that it is useless. I have read on Reddit that other people are having issues with the timeliness of triggers on IFTTT. Is there anything I can do on my end or is there another way I can approach this problem to make it work correctly. Thanks.

Memphis102

Re: Unreliable response time with IFTTT11

by brubell on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 am

The applet that I created with my sensor either entirely fails to trigger entirely or is delayed to the point that it is useless. I have read on Reddit that other people are having issues with the timeliness of triggers on IFTTT. Is there anything I can do on my end or is there another way I can approach this problem to make it work correctly. Thanks.

Unfortunately this is the case with IFTTT, their delays vary in length (can range up to 30m). You may want to try Zapier (zapier.com)

brubell

Re: Unreliable response time with IFTTT11

by Systembolaget on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Zapier's free plan has a 15 minute delay https://zapier.com/pricing?utm_source=g ... oEQAvD_BwE

From $49 per month, you get 2 minutes latency; from $299 per month, you get 1 minute latency.

Systembolaget

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.