Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Using IFTTT for daily accumulator
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using IFTTT for daily accumulator

by electricphred on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi: I’ve built a water meter reader which is working with Adafruit IO well. Excuse this IFTTT newbie but is there a way to get IFTTT or Zapier to write the “gallons” reading into “DailyTotalGallons” at midnight, or must I do this in code on my Huzzah32 ESP32? Thanks.

electricphred

Re: Using IFTTT for daily accumulator

by brubell on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 am

Are gallons and DailyTotalGallons two different feeds?

brubell

by electricphred on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:27 am

Brubell:

Yes they are separate feeds. I was hoping to just have IFTTT or Zapier grab the gallons at 11:59pm and stuff it in Daily Total Gallons. Can do it via programming but i don't have an RTC with my Huzzah32 ESP32 so it would be a bit more involved. Thanks.

electricphred

by brubell on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:51 am

electricphred wrote:Brubell:

Yes they are separate feeds. I was hoping to just have IFTTT or Zapier grab the gallons at 11:59pm and stuff it in Daily Total Gallons. Can do it via programming but i don't have an RTC with my Huzzah32 ESP32 so it would be a bit more involved. Thanks.

Might not be possible to do this in IFTTT, haven't tried it yet. You could use Adafruit IO Python on a Raspberry Pi or other small-server and have a cron job at midnight to add the daily data to the other feed.. Our new cron job triggers can't combine feed data.

brubell

by cjdshaw on Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:07 pm

electricphred wrote:Brubell:

Without an RTC, you can just periodically grab the time from Adafruit. Click on Services->Time at the top of your Adafruit IO page for examples. Assuming your ESP32 refreshes data periodically, you should be able to work out if this is the first call of a new day (or the last), and copy the data from gallons to DailyTotalGallons

cjdshaw

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.