Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Viewing dashboards with Raspberry Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Viewing dashboards with Raspberry Pi

by madebymodica on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 am

I want to view my Adafruit IO dashboard in kiosk mode using a Raspberry Pi, but for the life of me, can not get Chromium or Firefox to display my data.

The page loads as far as showing all dashboard widget backgrounds, but the data, bars/lines in charts, and text data does not load. I've tried multiple Raspberry Pi's, multiple versions of multiple browsers etc and none will show my data!

Can anyone give me hope by confirming that it's possible to view data in dashboards on a vanilla OS on any given Raspberry Pi? Or, help me understand what might be going on here?

What I see in any browser on the Raspberry Pi:

What I should see:

madebymodica

Re: Viewing dashboards with Raspberry Pi

by brubell on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am

Are you logged into Adafruit IO while viewing the dashboard?

brubell

by madebymodica on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:09 pm

After some more testing, yes it seems that I can view the data by logging in.

However, I thought that with a public dashboard the viewer wouldn't have to log in to Adafruit.

Not sure if we'll be able to get our dashboard kiosk system to pass login credentials in order to see that data.

madebymodica

by jwcooper on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:10 pm

You can also try making sure each feed is public.

A dashboard being set to public will generally force the feeds to be public as well, but in your case (based on your public page), it looks like your feeds are all private yet. You can set each feed private from the io.adafruit.com/feeds page and clicking into each feed. There is a setting in the right sidebar under Privacy.

That being said, public dashboards do not update dynamically, if that is something you need. They only update on page refresh.

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.