Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Line Chart Legend Names
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Line Chart Legend Names

by JackTheSE on Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:28 am

The Line Chart block includes a Legend that does not use the common names assigned to the feeds used in the chart, at least when feeds are organized into groups. For instance, if I have a feed group "House" containing a Feed with a name "Upstairs Temperature", the Legend title for that line is "house.upstairs-temperature", rather than just "Upstairs Temperature". Is there any way to control this to just use the assigned name, complete with capitalization and spaces? I know the method currently used removes ambiguity, but it visually unappealing, and group names are not really relevant to the chart as displayed in my opinion.

JackTheSE

Re: Line Chart Legend Names

by jwcooper on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:17 am

We just changed that yesterday. ;)

I think this is a pretty reasonable solution. We'll try and add a flag to toggle to the group.feed-key as an option, and default to the editable feed name field again.

jwcooper

by jwcooper on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:02 pm

This is now deployed.

There is a new flag to choose to use the feed key, but we now default back to the nicer feed name formatting.

jwcooper

by JackTheSE on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am

Wow, that was quick jw, thanks....Jack

JackTheSE

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.