Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Triggers IFTTT
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Triggers IFTTT

by IfYouHaveGhost on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Hello,

Quite some time ago I set up two triggers that work from a feed I use to track whether my A/C is off. I have a microcontroller send a 1 to the feed when the A/C turns on, and a 0 when it turns off. So one of the triggers is set when the Feed value is 1 and the other is 0. Then using IFTTT, I used that to interface with the smart outlets I use. When Fan Feed is set to 1, trigger to turn on is set, IFTTT applet to turn on fans is set, then fans turn on. This all worked great until yesterday, when I got an email that the triggers failed and are now paused. I have no idea what happened. These triggers have been running for well over a year without issue. I only set up an IFTTT account to do this project. I see they seem to be monetizing the platform. But I can't see anything saying they disabled this feature. Is this feature disabled, either through IFTTT or Adafruit IO?

IfYouHaveGhost

Re: Triggers IFTTT

by brubell on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Ifyouhaveghost,

I'm unsure if IFTTT has removed this functionality (I hope not!).

I see they seem to be monetizing the platform. But I can't see anything saying they disabled this feature. Is this feature disabled, either through IFTTT or Adafruit IO?

If you check your activity feed (https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/article ... tivityFeed), are there any messages there?

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.