Grid lines for line charts

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
JackTheSE

Grid lines for line charts

Post by JackTheSE »

Being an engineer, I like to display sensor data on a line chart. The very latest data is the furthest from the Y Axis, making it hard to keep track of a value relative to the Y axis annotation values. Similarly, time values of sensor events can be hard to reference to the X axis annotation values, particularly for tall graphs. Optional thin horizontal and vertical grid lines from each annotation value would be a nice addition, I think.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Grid lines for line charts

Post by brubell »

JackTheSE wrote:Being an engineer, I like to display sensor data on a line chart. The very latest data is the furthest from the Y Axis, making it hard to keep track of a value relative to the Y axis annotation values. Similarly, time values of sensor events can be hard to reference to the X axis annotation values, particularly for tall graphs. Optional thin horizontal and vertical grid lines from each annotation value would be a nice addition, I think.
We added this feature recently! Here's how to add it to your line chart:

Under Block Settings, click "Draw Grid Lines"
block_settings_grid.png
block_settings_grid.png (114.57 KiB) Viewed 188 times

JackTheSE

Re: Grid lines for line charts

Post by JackTheSE »

Fantastic! Looks great. I had missed it, but will now add gridlines to all my graphs. Thanks...Jack

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”