🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

Multiple devices connected to one Dashboard
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Multiple devices connected to one Dashboard

by vidget on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:52 pm

I'm using one IoT device that uses MQTT to publish states either On or Off, to a ToggleSwitch. I would like to add a different IoT device that subscribes to the same ToggleSwitch to receive. Is this possible, or can I only have one device connected to a dashboard and or feed at a time? I'm basically trying to use buttons on one IoT device to control a different IoT device's LED. I can get both to work independently as needed, but when I try to connect both at the same time only the last one in works.

vidget

Re: Multiple devices connected to one Dashboard

by brubell on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 am

. I would like to add a different IoT device that subscribes to the same ToggleSwitch to receive. Is this possible, or can I only have one device connected to a dashboard and or feed at a time?

You can have as many devices subscribed to a feed as you'd like

brubell

Re: Multiple devices connected to one Dashboard

by vidget on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 am

I have a board that I use a ToggleSwitch to turn an LED ON and OFF. It connects and works fine. I have another board that I use to control that same ToggleSwitch. They both work individually as expected. But when I connect one the other disconnects, and vice versa. Both devices it seems can't be connected to the dashboard at the same time. I'm using MQTT and both devices have different IDs too.

vidget

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.