🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

IoT-OnOff App for iOS devices?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

IoT-OnOff App for iOS devices?

by MiltonConnor on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:33 am

Has anyone out there successfully connected their IoT-OnOff App to io.adafruit.com?

I have several published feeds from my industrial PLC that are working nicely, and the App will connect to my account in the io.Adafruit.com broker, but when I do, io.adafruit returns the following error message:
----------------
MQTT ERROR: <my device ID> <my IP Address> SUBSCRIBE to topic `+/iot-onoff-export-widget/26595702` rejected, not a valid resource topic
----------------

This, in spite of me deleting all of the sample dashboards and groups that came with the app.

MiltonConnor

Re: IoT-OnOff App for iOS devices?

by BenEtherington on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Trying to figure it out. I believe when you connect to a broker, it tries to connect to your configured feed as well as the export-widget feed. If you malform your AIO feed name, you'll get an error for that as well.

Looks like a cool app, but I can't get it to publish data to an AIO feed. :/

EDIT: Oh! Actually, no, the problem was blindly trusting the FAQ on their website. It says username/seeds/feedname, but it's actually FEEDS, and AIO doesn't throw an error in that case.

BenEtherington

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.