IO UI Updated - feedback and issues

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
cjdshaw

Re: IO UI Updated - feedback and issues

Post by cjdshaw »

It's a small issue, but when a line in a graph changes direction sharply, the thickness makes it appear that it's overshot. For example, this value is going between 0 and 1, but the spikes make it look like it's gone negative
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 11.41.02.png
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 11.41.02.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 160 times

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

biggles4808 wrote:Not sure if the latest version is live yet but the date filtering on individual data feeds is still not working. Black screen when apply filters is clicked. Trying to just filter for the last 7 days
I'll make it more robust, including hints on formatting (and allow more formats), but in the meantime, dates formatted as such should work: 2020-11-19T11:17

cjdshaw

Post by cjdshaw »

jwcooper wrote:
biggles4808 wrote:Not sure if the latest version is live yet but the date filtering on individual data feeds is still not working. Black screen when apply filters is clicked. Trying to just filter for the last 7 days
I'll make it more robust, including hints on formatting (and allow more formats), but in the meantime, dates formatted as such should work: 2020-11-19T11:17
It may be a locale thing, but the page won't let me use ISO8601 formatting. It's locked to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, (I'm in the UK) including when I use the calendar widgets
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 17.01.46.png
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 17.01.46.png (25.83 KiB) Viewed 157 times

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

cjdshaw wrote:
jwcooper wrote:
It may be a locale thing, but the page won't let me use ISO8601 formatting. It's locked to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, (I'm in the UK) including when I use the calendar widgets
Oh, this is a browser issue as well. I see the calendar widgets in chrome, but not firefox. Thanks for the screenshot. Will get this fixed asap.

biggles4808

Post by biggles4808 »

As it happens, I am also in the UK, so you might be right and it is a format issue. Also, I am using Chrome.

Cheers

David

tomtheriverguide

Post by tomtheriverguide »

I have had text display issues with the 'gauge' type block on my iPhone like others seem to be having.

Otherwise, the changes that I have seen are more aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
Attachments
IO - Mobile Thermostat.jpg
IO - Mobile Thermostat.jpg (101.75 KiB) Viewed 146 times

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

biggles4808 wrote:As it happens, I am also in the UK, so you might be right and it is a format issue. Also, I am using Chrome.

Cheers

David
As a follow-up, I'm unable to reproduce this issue thus far.

I've been testing in chrome with an en_GB.UTF-8 locale. I can reproduce everything visually, but no errors thrown when filtering.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

cjdshaw wrote:
jwcooper wrote:
Oh right, this is due to chrome enabling support for datetime-local input types, and firefox not supporting that on desktop yet. I think all of that should work now, in that particular formatting, as the browser will submit the iso8601 format properly for you.

ArdLab

Post by ArdLab »

As a new user I'm having some trouble with dashboards on my Iphone.
Dashboard on my Mac (Chrome/Safari) are working fine.
A line chart on the dashboard completely blacks out my Iphone screen, a dashboard with 2 swicthes works fine on the Iphone.
Any help would be appreciated.

sahillyard

Post by sahillyard »

You might want to reconsider the font used in the floating text boxes used with the graphs. The dark blue font that contains the data on a black background is difficult to read.
Thanks

ArdLab

Post by ArdLab »

The screen goes entirely black, all objects are invisible, hard to believe it would be a font issue but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

cjdshaw

Post by cjdshaw »

ArdLab wrote:As a new user I'm having some trouble with dashboards on my Iphone.
Dashboard on my Mac (Chrome/Safari) are working fine.
A line chart on the dashboard completely blacks out my Iphone screen, a dashboard with 2 swicthes works fine on the Iphone.
Any help would be appreciated.
It completely blanks the screen? Do you have the Safari address bar at the top? What about the Adafruit toolbar? If there's anything on screen, a screenshot would be useful. What version of iOS are you using?

cjdshaw

Post by cjdshaw »

sahillyard wrote:You might want to reconsider the font used in the floating text boxes used with the graphs. The dark blue font that contains the data on a black background is difficult to read.
Thanks
Do you mean in light (non-dark) mode? The dark mode floating boxes are easy to read for me, but the issue is more that in light mode, the floating box bg is still dark, making lots of the text hard to read, particularly the purple one
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 19.36.20.png
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 19.36.20.png (57.47 KiB) Viewed 138 times

ArdLab

Post by ArdLab »

Iphone XR iOS13.3.1
Last edited by ArdLab on Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

ArdLab wrote:Image
Iphone XR iOS13.3.1
Hi, this image did not link properly

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”