IO UI Updated - feedback and issues

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
ArdLab

Re: IO UI Updated - feedback and issues

Post by ArdLab »

i fixed the link

Barry99

Post by Barry99 »

Hi. This "update" really doesn't help. The colours you've chosen may be OK to you but if your red/green colourblind like me, and one in every hundred males are the same, then it definitely doesn't help. Please either revert to the original colours or give us the choice of colour.

sahillyard

Post by sahillyard »

cjdshaw wrote:
sahillyard wrote:You might want to reconsider the font used in the floating text boxes used with the graphs. The dark blue font that contains the data on a black background is difficult to read.
Thanks
Do you mean in light (non-dark) mode? The dark mode floating boxes are easy to read for me, but the issue is more that in light mode, the floating box bg is still dark, making lots of the text hard to read, particularly the purple one
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 19.36.20.png
Yes, your screenshot shows the problem.

pmezey

Post by pmezey »

On a small screen (e.g. iPhone), the single feed data details clips one of the two most important columns: "Created At". I have to rotate the phone to see more and it still clips part of the timestamp. It seems the Location column is taking an enormous amount of space. I'm sure that is important to some use cases, but I would argue that Timestamp and Value are the two most important. The timestamp is hugely important to understand if your system is still functioning as expected.
IMG_7737 (1).jpeg
IMG_7737 (1).jpeg (73.04 KiB) Viewed 226 times

cjdshaw

Post by cjdshaw »

ArdLab wrote:Image
Iphone XR iOS13.3.1
Sounds like the same issue people are having in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170879

That looks like Chrome for iOS, by the way. What version is it? Have you tried updating the app, or trying on Safari?

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Barry99 wrote:Hi. This "update" really doesn't help. The colours you've chosen may be OK to you but if your red/green colourblind like me, and one in every hundred males are the same, then it definitely doesn't help. Please either revert to the original colours or give us the choice of colour.
We are looking at the red/green color combinations, thank you for your feedback.

We are not reverting colors, but would like to give the choice of colors in the future.

Also, can you try light mode on the dashboard? That should have better color combinations until we can fix this.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

cjdshaw wrote:
sahillyard wrote:You might want to reconsider the font used in the floating text boxes used with the graphs. The dark blue font that contains the data on a black background is difficult to read.
Thanks
Do you mean in light (non-dark) mode? The dark mode floating boxes are easy to read for me, but the issue is more that in light mode, the floating box bg is still dark, making lots of the text hard to read, particularly the purple one
Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 19.36.20.png
Thanks for the screenshot, we've filed an issue and will fix this one as well.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

pmezey wrote:On a small screen (e.g. iPhone), the single feed data details clips one of the two most important columns: "Created At". I have to rotate the phone to see more and it still clips part of the timestamp. It seems the Location column is taking an enormous amount of space. I'm sure that is important to some use cases, but I would argue that Timestamp and Value are the two most important. The timestamp is hugely important to understand if your system is still functioning as expected.
IMG_7737 (1).jpeg
Thank you for the screenshot and the feedback. I've filed the issue for this. I think the best approach here is going to be dropping the "Location" column on vertical mobile displays and show it only for horizontal. That should give the full date and value.

tcooper

Post by tcooper »

Barry99 wrote:Hi. This "update" really doesn't help. The colours you've chosen may be OK to you but if your red/green colourblind like me, and one in every hundred males are the same, then it definitely doesn't help. Please either revert to the original colours or give us the choice of colour.
Thanks for the heads up on this. We are working really hard on our accessibility issues, and for our small team it is a huge project. We will absolutely have a solution in place for those who are colorblind, but it might take some time for us to finish building this out.

Can you confirm the biggest issue is with the gauge and slider in dark mode on the dashboard? Any other major issues?

For now, can you try switching to light mode in the dashboard and see if that fixes the contrast issues you have?

klif

Post by klif »

Hi
I noticed today an odd artifact appear on a circular gauge. See the attached image. Also the text on the lower gauge isn’t right but that problem has already been reported. This is on an iPhone using safari.
Attachments
F258FA1D-023E-4D31-8F7E-E4CB627768C2.jpeg
F258FA1D-023E-4D31-8F7E-E4CB627768C2.jpeg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 193 times

FirstFloor322

Post by FirstFloor322 »

FirstFloor322 wrote:the text on the buttons look distorted......sugesstion make the button width adjustable.....also if possible let the buttons retain their position when other one is clicked, they go back to off state when other buttons are clicked
can someone help me with this?? pls.....

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

FirstFloor322 wrote:
FirstFloor322 wrote:the text on the buttons look distorted......sugesstion make the button width adjustable.....also if possible let the buttons retain their position when other one is clicked, they go back to off state when other buttons are clicked
can someone help me with this?? pls.....
Can you provide a screenshot? What browser? Is it desktop or mobile?

In regards to the momentary buttons, they are designed to work like physical hardware buttons. They click ON when you push them, and click back OFF when you release. If you need to maintain a specific state (between two states), a toggle switch is typically a good choice.

It's an interesting idea to have an option where you click a toggle and it stays clicked in (now that it's obvious with the UI the state it's in), but it would be replicating a lot of the toggle switch's behavior.

simos_iot

Post by simos_iot »

New UI looks much better particularly the white background.

I'd like to suggest better granularity on the line graphs, or better yet, the ability to select a custom range similar to Thingsboard. In addition, more sizing options on the line graphs...just can't get 3 across the screen which would be much better for many applications.

trevorshannon

Post by trevorshannon »

trevorshannon wrote:
5. In light mode, the stream widget seems to still display white text despite having a white background. The text is visible only when highlighting it as shown in the below screenshot.
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 4.06.59 PM.png
Any update pending for this? It would be nice to be able to read the stream widget content in light mode...

-trevorshannon

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

trevorshannon wrote:
trevorshannon wrote:
5. In light mode, the stream widget seems to still display white text despite having a white background. The text is visible only when highlighting it as shown in the below screenshot.
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 4.06.59 PM.png
Any update pending for this? It would be nice to be able to read the stream widget content in light mode...

-trevorshannon
I wasn't able to re-create this, but I think the issue is that you have the white color scheme chosen for the stream block. If you edit that block, you can change it to green or a few other color options.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”