IO UI Updated - feedback and issues
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: IO UI Updated - feedback and issues

by jwcooper on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:41 pm

FirstFloor322 wrote:
FirstFloor322 wrote:the text on the buttons look distorted......sugesstion make the button width adjustable.....also if possible let the buttons retain their position when other one is clicked, they go back to off state when other buttons are clicked

can someone help me with this?? pls.....

I can't reproduce this issue.

Are you saying if you click a toggle button, the others all change? If they are using the same feed, that would be expected behavior. The system will keep them in sync no matter where you change the values.

We'll look into adding width to the toggle buttons, but typically the text is going to look better shortened like "ON and OFF" and you can use the title of the block to say what you are turning off and on.."Living Room Lights".

jwcooper

by trevorshannon on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:22 pm

jwcooper wrote:I wasn't able to re-create this, but I think the issue is that you have the white color scheme chosen for the stream block. If you edit that block, you can change it to green or a few other color options.

Ah, great thanks. That was indeed the problem. I guess that wasn't an issue prior to light mode and I didn't think to check the config. I am surprised you could not reproduce, as I could make the text "disappear" at will simply by selecting the white color scheme with light mode enabled.

trevorshannon

by jwcooper on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:36 pm

trevorshannon wrote:
jwcooper wrote:I wasn't able to re-create this, but I think the issue is that you have the white color scheme chosen for the stream block. If you edit that block, you can change it to green or a few other color options.

Ah, great thanks. That was indeed the problem. I guess that wasn't an issue prior to light mode and I didn't think to check the config. I am surprised you could not reproduce, as I could make the text "disappear" at will simply by selecting the white color scheme with light mode enabled.

Oh, sorry, I could re-create the issue with the white color scheme, but that was it. Led me to believe that was the issue you were running into.

jwcooper

by vamo on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:53 am

brubell wrote:
chrispynz4 wrote:Disappointed that there's been an update which did not fix the map hours of history bug.

Could you explain this bug in detail, or link to this bug? I'll file an issue for it. Thanks!

Brent I cannot understand.

On Oct 21 vamo (me) wrote about it here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p834586
On Oct 30 chrispynz4 wrote about it here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p836266
On Oct 30 you answered here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p836294

why on Nov 12 the problem is still not clear to you?

The map hours of history bug was pointed out first in 2019, see: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=158935&p=783054&hilit=hours+history#p783054 and https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=162021&p=796838&hilit=hours+history#p796838

I'm disapponted too.... but Christmas is arriving, I hope in a gift....!

Best regads,

VAL

vamo

by Asso on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:25 am

vamo wrote:
brubell wrote:
chrispynz4 wrote:Disappointed that there's been an update which did not fix the map hours of history bug.

Could you explain this bug in detail, or link to this bug? I'll file an issue for it. Thanks!

On Oct 21 vamo (me) wrote about it here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p834586
On Oct 30 chrispynz4 wrote about it here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p836266
On Oct 30 you answered here: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=170348&p=836266#p836294

The map hours of history bug was pointed out first in 2019, see: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=158935&p=783054&hilit=hours+history#p783054 and https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=162021&p=796838&hilit=hours+history#p796838

Best regads,

VAL

chrispynz4 & vamo are right, this is a very stupid bug: map is one of the most used block, why didn't you fix it?
It's unusable this way...

Asso

by FirstFloor322 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:14 am

jwcooper wrote:
FirstFloor322 wrote:
FirstFloor322 wrote:the text on the buttons look distorted......sugesstion make the button width adjustable.....also if possible let the buttons retain their position when other one is clicked, they go back to off state when other buttons are clicked

can someone help me with this?? pls.....

I can't reproduce this issue.

Are you saying if you click a toggle button, the others all change? If they are using the same feed, that would be expected behavior. The system will keep them in sync no matter where you change the values.

We'll look into adding width to the toggle buttons, but typically the text is going to look better shortened like "ON and OFF" and you can use the title of the block to say what you are turning off and on.."Living Room Lights".

1) No, the problem is I have used ifttt in this project and now that ifttt is no longer free, I had to work around it by naming each position of toggle (cause I cannot create more than 3 applets)

2) Yes, all the toggles publish into the same feed.

Also I can't have so many feeds (one for each toggle), bcz iftt can publish into a single feed only (again cz of the 3 applets only limitation).... :-(

So I think if you could add an option in the toggle to retain position when not in use,.....it would be perfect!!!!

Would Love to Hear from you again......

FirstFloor322

by jwcooper on Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:13 pm

FirstFloor322 wrote:1) No, the problem is I have used ifttt in this project and now that ifttt is no longer free, I had to work around it by naming each position of toggle (cause I cannot create more than 3 applets)

Also I can't have so many feeds (one for each toggle), bcz iftt can publish into a single feed only (again cz of the 3 applets only limitation).... :-(

So I think if you could add an option in the toggle to retain position when not in use,.....it would be perfect!!!!

Any toggle tied to a feed is going to toggle as the value is updating for that feed for all toggles. Are you changing the toggle values, expecting it to only toggle if it matches? I can look into seeing if this is a valid solution that we could account for.

jwcooper

by jwcooper on Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:20 pm

vamo wrote:
brubell wrote:

Best regads,

VAL

This issue is unrelated to our UI updates, which this forum topic is about. We have it on our list to fix.

jwcooper

by v3spid on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:01 am

Hey, Newbie here.

I have a small suggestion. When moving blocks around on a dashboard, if you are moving a block up from below, and it passes over an existing block, the existing block is moved to the lowest possible position on the dashboard plane. In a future update, can it just move to the next full position down instead of the bottom?

ada.jpg
ada.jpg (53.67 KiB) Viewed 65 times

v3spid

by jonathangraff on Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:08 am

I noticed that some of the text and icons were a bit crooked or off-center and could benefit from alignment. The mobile version could also be cleaned up a bit. For the most part, the bugs were minor in my opinion.

jonathangraff

by FirstFloor322 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 am

jwcooper wrote:
FirstFloor322 wrote:1) No, the problem is I have used ifttt in this project and now that ifttt is no longer free, I had to work around it by naming each position of toggle (cause I cannot create more than 3 applets)

Any toggle tied to a feed is going to toggle as the value is updating for that feed for all toggles. Are you changing the toggle values, expecting it to only toggle if it matches? I can look into seeing if this is a valid solution that we could account for.

yeah exactly, i want it to toggle only if it matches the value...

thanks a lot, looking forward to the bug fixes.....

FirstFloor322

by FirstFloor322 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:42 am

FirstFloor322 wrote:
jwcooper wrote:

yeah exactly, i want it to toggle only if it matches the value...

thanks a lot, looking forward to the bug fixes.....

Still Nothing??

FirstFloor322

by FirstFloor322 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:44 am

jwcooper wrote:

Any Updates?, I'm still having to use the same ugly UI

FirstFloor322

by iakovos on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

cjdshaw wrote:
jwcooper wrote:
biggles4808 wrote:I'll make it more robust, including hints on formatting (and allow more formats), but in the meantime, dates formatted as such should work: 2020-11-19T11:17

It may be a locale thing, but the page won't let me use ISO8601 formatting. It's locked to dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, (I'm in the UK) including when I use the calendar widgets
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 17.01.46.png

Oh right, this is due to chrome enabling support for datetime-local input types, and firefox not supporting that on desktop yet. I think all of that should work now, in that particular formatting, as the browser will submit the iso8601 format properly for you.

Hi, Just wanted to confirm that I am still seeing this issue using latest Chrome (88.0.4324.190) and latest Edge (88.0.705.74). I am also based in the UK. I am not entirely sure if the issue is believed to be resolved or not but unless I've missed a post, I didn't notice a confirmation from the original posters.

The error I am seeing in the console is:

console.js:39 RangeError: Invalid time value
at N (index.js:371)
at C (dates.js:149)
at t.value (DataTable.js:464)
at t.value (DataTable.js:652)
at ki (react-dom.production.min.js:3787)
at xi (react-dom.production.min.js:3778)
at Ai (react-dom.production.min.js:3962)
at Ba (react-dom.production.min.js:5516)
at za (react-dom.production.min.js:5538)
at ku (react-dom.production.min.js:5960)
at Ou (react-dom.production.min.js:5927)
at Pu (react-dom.production.min.js:6022)
at Pn (react-dom.production.min.js:1739)
at HTMLDocument.o (raven.js:365)

this also affects index.js.

Looking at the field it seems to be submitting ISO8601 formatting (<input type="datetime-local" value="2020-12-25T23:22">) but still get the black screen/error.

iakovos

by klif on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:43 pm

It seems like work on the UI may have stopped? There are still some anomalies in the text for the gauges. It would really be nice to eventually get these fixed. I see them in Safari on my Mac and have also seen them in the iPhone. Is there another place where these should be reported?

IO_-_KegScale.png
IO_-_KegScale.png (111.07 KiB) Viewed 23 times

klif

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.