Suggestion for a IO Plus tier

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
sircoolio

Suggestion for a IO Plus tier

Post by sircoolio »

I would love to see an IO Plus tier where feed rates and size were limited but data storage was near infinite or FIFO on a long window? Data dropped not by time but # of data points? Exporting data on a 30 or 60 day basis doesn't allow me to use graphing views to see trends on AIO, and over time I've got to automate an export out of AIO to go around this limitation. If AIO is just a waystation for data, its value drops some?

I'd definitely pay for IO+ if data storage wasn't as limited vs other services like ThingSpeak. I love Adafruit and want to support AIO :)

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Suggestion for a IO Plus tier

Post by brubell »

Exporting data on a 30 or 60 day basis doesn't allow me to use graphing views to see trends on AIO, and over time
Out of curiosity - what kind of data are you graphing which requires > 60 day trends?

sircoolio

Post by sircoolio »

I'm graphing environmental data over seasons.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

sircoolio wrote:I'm graphing environmental data over seasons.
We do offer extended data storage for those users that need extended storage. We had to choose a default limit to how long we store data, as storage costs can add up quickly.

Here are details on the costs on how to extend the storage length from our https://io.adafruit.com/plus page:
If 60 data points per minute and 60 days of storage aren't enough, we offer additional account boosts. For only $2 per month you can add 10 data points per minute and for $5 per month you can add 30 extra days of storage. Add as many boosts as you need!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”