🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

dashboard timestamp
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

dashboard timestamp

by gribley on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:44 am

Loving using a.io for some simple monitoring. However, I would like to have a way to tell (at a glance) that my monitor is still running when looking at a dashboard. I can think of at least a couple ways to do this:

a dedicated "timestamp" block that either prints text of the last data point timestamp value ("00:00") or just replicates the time descriptor on the feeds page("8 min ago")

when choosing feeds that blocks reference, allow us to choose either the feed key itself ("basement.temperature") or the feed's last timestamp ("basement.temperature.timestamp"). Then we can apply all the usual dashboard blocks to it, for example printing the timestamp text, or maybe even using the "indicator" block to check whether the timestamp is recent.

Currently I can only get a timestamp with the "stream" block, which is difficult to read and not at-a-glance useful. My end goal would be to have something obvious like a big red indicator if my feed is out of date.

thanks!

gribley

Re: dashboard timestamp

by brubell on Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 pm

You used to be able to do this in IO by hovering your cursor over a block to see a timestamp, it might have been removed with the new UI redesign. I'll ask the development team and get back to you!

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.