Thermocouple Data logger

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
rfogg

Thermocouple Data logger

Post by rfogg »

I have a NodeMCU ESP8266 and a MAX6675 Thermocouple. I am trying to use Adafruit IO to log temps from my wood stove. I can get the esp8266 and the max6675 to serial print the correct temps and I can get the esp8266 to log data to Adafruit IO, But when I try to combine the 2 my serial print displays
Cut here for exeption decoder

soft wdt reset

Then a bunch of codes. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have gone back and used the serial thermocouple example and added code 1 line at a time until everything went wrong the line of code that makes everything go wrong is.

while(io.status() < AIO_CONNECTED)

Any help would be great. Please take it easy on me. I am new to this and really have little knowledge.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Thermocouple Data logger

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

soft wdt reset
Looks like the watchdog timer is timing out on you.
while(io.status() < AIO_CONNECTED)
You probably need to add a 'yield()' to that loop so that it can handle the background processing and keep the watchdog happy while you wait.

https://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?t=16975

rfogg

Re: Thermocouple Data logger

Post by rfogg »

Thank you very much for the help. I changed the code to

while(io.status() < AIO_CONNECTED) delay(1);

and it worked great.

Thanks again for the help

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”