Adafruit IO Wi-Fi secure fingerPrint auto update

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Pius_N

Adafruit IO Wi-Fi secure fingerPrint auto update

Post by Pius_N »

Good day everyone , me and my team are planning to build a product around adafruit IO but I stumbled against a problem, when I changed the fingerprint I could not connect to. Adafruit.IO but when I put in the correct value it connects successfully. If we then build a produt with adafruit. IO and the fingerprint was changed by adafruit our device would not work any more. PLS how do I go about this. Thanks

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Adafruit IO Wi-Fi secure fingerPrint auto update

Post by brubell »

The SSL certificate fingerprint is not unique to Adafruit IO, it's a feature of most secure HTTPS websites.

SSL certificates will need to be renewed at least once every two years and the fingerprint will need to be re-generated in order to connect to the website's new certificate.

You could use an insecure connection to avoid this, but your connection will not be secure.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”