Poor online continous service

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
raminsoltanzr

Poor online continous service

Post by raminsoltanzr »

I have been working on this server and first I supposed that it is a very reliable server. Now, after several times of testing, I understood that it is a very crapy service. Even I paid $50 and still, it shuts down my connections. I am 100% sure nothing is wrong on my side and WiFi works perfectly.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Poor online continous service

Post by brubell »

Hi raminsoltanzr,

I do understand that IoT projects can be frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your project.

Adafruit IO has had no reported downtime. You can check this for yourself over at https://www.adafruitstatus.com.

Could you please post the exact issue you are having, in as much detail as possible, so I can work through it with you?

raminsoltanzr

Post by raminsoltanzr »

I am monitoring some parameters and every 3 seconds send around 10 data on the portal. It only lasts for 9 hours and after that, the portal kicks out my device! I want to have my device always alive and no interruption between data. What is your advice?
Thanks

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

It only lasts for 9 hours and after that, the portal kicks out my device!
I checked the plan associated with your account, it should be able to send at this data rate.

What hardware (board/device) are you using?
Which libraries are you using to connect to Adafruit IO?

raminsoltanzr

Post by raminsoltanzr »

Thanks for your response. I am using Wipy 3.0 (from pycom series based on ESP32 microcontrollers)
This is the "info" part of the MQTT that I am using. It seems like it is version 1 (I am not sure tho):

#!/usr/bin/env python
#
# Copyright (c) 2019, Pycom Limited.
#
# This software is licensed under the GNU GPL version 3 or any
# later version, with permitted additional terms. For more information
# see the Pycom Licence v1.0 document supplied with this file, or
# available at https://www.pycom.io/opensource/licensing
#

raminsoltanzr

Post by raminsoltanzr »

This is the library that I am using (from pycom)
https://github.com/pycom/pycom-librarie ... tt/mqtt.py

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

This is the library that I am using (from pycom)
This library should be OK - could you please post the code running on your device? Please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

raminsoltanzr

Post by raminsoltanzr »

Is it possible that I send them privetly? The code belongs to company and unfortunately, I cannot share it in public. Also, I wrote an OO based code and it is not just one piece of code that I can simpily post it here.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

raminsoltanzr wrote:Is it possible that I send them privetly? The code belongs to company and unfortunately, I cannot share it in public. Also, I wrote an OO based code and it is not just one piece of code that I can simpily post it here.
Sure, submit on https://io.adafruit.com/feedback and include a link to this thread so I know what the ticket is in reference to

raminsoltanzr

Post by raminsoltanzr »

Hi
I sent my code on the feedback but I have not heard back from you yet. I appreciate if you help me to have robust communication for an important test. It is very important for me to have a persistent connection and if you think your server cannot handle it, please let me know as soon as possible that I can find another solution.
Thanks

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”