Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Uploads using old curl fail
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Uploads using old curl fail

by craigio on Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 am

I have a number of data feeds using curl on old machines. These have worked fine for years and today all of them fail, saying this:
"curl: (35) error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version"

The data isn't incredibly sensitive (some of it is being presented on public dashboards anyhow), so it doesn't need to be using the latest TLS, or even any TLS at all.

After the July 2020 announcement that the next Adafruit IO SSL/TLS certificate update will be in approximately 2 years, I was hoping to see these feeds working for the foreseeable future.

craigio

Re: Uploads using old curl fail

by craigio on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:55 am

Just checking my cron email. The flood of errors started about 18 hours ago, at 17:00 Thurs 14 Jan (UTC).

craigio

by jwcooper on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 am

We upgraded a server yesterday that disabled some older tls functionality. We've re-enabled the functionality, and you should be good to go again on your older version of curl.

Thank you for alerting us to this un-announced change. We do our best to announce any breaking functionality, but rarely things like this can happen.

jwcooper

by craigio on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 am

Thanks. They started working again about 10 mins ago.

craigio

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.