Arduino library support for Dark Sky weather integration

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
cjdavies

Arduino library support for Dark Sky weather integration

Post by cjdavies »

This evening I tried to use the Arduino library with an ESP8266 to subscribe to the current weather from a Dark Sky weather feed that I just set up. I couldn't find anything in the documentation that explained how to format the feed path when creating the AdafruitIO_Feed object. Looking at the library's source it seems that this functionality simply isn't supported, as the code always prepends :username/feeds/ to whatever you pass in, but for the weather integration it actually has to be :username/integrations/.

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO ... d.cpp#L452

Am I missing something obvious, or has this functionality just not been implemented (yet)?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Arduino library support for Dark Sky weather integration

Post by brubell »

It hasn't been implemented into the Arduino Library since Dark Sky was purchased by apple and is discontinuing API support this year. We'll add the weather integration to the Arduino library when we switch API providers.

cjdavies

Re: Arduino library support for Dark Sky weather integration

Post by cjdavies »

Thanks for the explanation :)

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”