Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

Adafruit IO - Login Failure
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO - Login Failure

by pedalermike on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:49 pm

I kept getting dumped back out to the login page whenever I try to access my IO Plus account. Is the system still down and not accepting connections to the dashboards?

pedalermike

Re: Adafruit IO - Login Failure

by jwcooper on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:08 pm

The system is fully operational. There are no known issues at this time. Maintenance was completed by about 12:45pm ET earlier today.

Can you try clearing your cookies and trying again? If that doesn't work, can you screenshot or post any errors you are getting?

Thanks!

jwcooper

by pedalermike on Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:48 am

When I go to my bookmarked dashboards, I get the attached view. All buttons are greyed out and not selectable. Color blocks are not operational "inactive".

When I try to sign in (top right hyperlink), the process looks normal however when I complete the 2FA screen, it dumps me back out to the login screen. No visible link to my profile/account.

This is what I've tried so far:

- Navigate to adafruit.io manually (no bookmark)
- Cleared cache and cookies
- Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox (both in standard mode and incognito)
- Android using DuckDuckGo
- Different computer with different browsers
- Disabled ad blocker and privacy guard
- Turned off "do not track" option

My Arduinos resumed communication to and from the broker @ 12:31 CDT but the dashboards aren't working properly. Feeds, triggers and account profile are missing in action. I also just noticed that when I click the gear icon in the dashboard, nothing happens other than the caret flips vertically.

Best / mk
Attachments
Dashboard.pdf
(216.95 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

pedalermike

by pedalermike on Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50 am

Here is an update. I created a new account and was able to login properly and create/view dashboards and triggered. I logged out of the new account and tried to login to my main account and the broken functionality is still there..

/mk

pedalermike

by jwcooper on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am

What happens if you log into accounts.adafruit.com directly, and try to view your profile page on accounts.adafruit.com?

Are you able to sign into the shop, etc?

I'm not seeing any issues with your account yet, but there could be something...still looking.

jwcooper

by pedalermike on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Ok, so when I go to accounts.adafruit.com, everything looks normal. I can login and the webpage looks like usual. When I click on 'IO' it dumps me back to the login page as per the attached. Now here is the really odd part, if I now click on 'Forums' or 'Shop' it remembers who I am and offers me a customized experience. Its only when I click on 'IO' that I'm taken back to the login page...
Attachments
Adafruit Login Page.pdf
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 5 times

pedalermike

by pedalermike on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:42 pm

More info... after I login to my account using the direct url accounts.adafruit.com, if I select 'Subscriptions' on the left toolbar, I get a 500 Internal Server Error... It suggests that there is a problem reading my sub info somewhere..

pedalermike

by jwcooper on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:19 pm

I believe the issue with the accounts subscription page should be resolved.

I'm looking into this yet. Your latest feedback was useful. I'll reply as soon as we figure this one out.

jwcooper

by jwcooper on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Can you try IO again? I've deployed some changes that I'm hoping are related to the error you're experiencing trying to sign into IO.

jwcooper

by pedalermike on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:03 pm

Yea team! Works fine now..

tnx
Mike

pedalermike

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 am

Great news, thank you for following up that it's working!

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.