2 of my devices have stopped updating feeds after maintenanc
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2 of my devices have stopped updating feeds after maintenanc

by Thorlokk on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:05 am

I have 2 devices (Huzzah 8266s) that stopped updating their feeds at 9:20am PST yesterday and have not come back. I believe that was during the scheduled maintenance? They are at a remote location so I can't reset them until this weekend. I have a 3rd device at the same location that is still responding fine. One difference is the account. The 2 devices that went silent are using this account that I'm posting from. The device that's still responding is on a separate account. One of the devices that went silent has been running fine for several years. So it seems to be related to the account, not the devices. I can see the devices are still connected to WiFi when I look at the router. Any ideas whats up?
Thanks!
Thor

Thorlokk

Re: 2 of my devices have stopped updating feeds after mainte

by brubell on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:24 am

Possibly the account shared by the 2x devices had a key revocation/re-generation at some point, and upon re-establishing the connection the key was found to be invalid.

Are the two non-responsive devices running the same code as the 3rd responsive device?

brubell

by Thorlokk on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:01 pm

All of the devices are running different code that has been updated at different times. One of the non-responsive devices is running code that is maybe 2 years old.. the other non-responsive device was updated about a week ago and compiled with all the latest libraries. The device that is still sending was updated maybe 6 months ago. When I go over there, I'll update all of them to be sure, hopefully that fixes it. Thanks for the response!

Thorlokk

by brubell on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:07 pm

ok, please update me when you've got it sorted or if you need extra help :)

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.