TinyLora and new version of TTN?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

TinyLora and new version of TTN?

by wag10 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:40 am

I'm not sure if this is the best place for the question, but I just saw that TTN is moving to a new version sometime this year which will apparently cause problems for nodes using TinyLora / ABP. I have a three year project that relies entirely on Feather m0 LoRa nodes using TinyLora and ABP and based on the discussions here it appears that I could be in trouble: "Is V3 the end for TinyLora?" https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/ ... lora/43525

Any thoughts or plans for how TTN v3 would affect TinyLora and ABP and whether existing systems can be modified to function with TTN v3?

Unfortunately I am not very proficient with coding or hardware and rely heavily on arduino-based off-the-shelf components and example sketches. The main reason I was using ABP and TinyLoRa was the simplicity of the examples - I could never get the OTAA examples to work well and needed a more rudimentary looping structure that I could understand to control the timing of reading and transmission of sensor readings. Also OTAA seems to be very fussy even when using TTN hardware and example sketches. So I would prefer to stick with Feather m0, TinyLoRa, and ABP but is seems this may not be an option going forward.

wag10

Re: TinyLora and new version of TTN?

by Lordcyber on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 am

Hello,
is it possible to operate devices on TTN V3 with it?
It would be great if that would work. Because this is one of the best libraries. and also fits from space to small nodes.
Thank you

Lordcyber

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.