Adafruit is blocking access to my feed
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit is blocking access to my feed

by GiselleLFreude on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 pm

For some reason adafruit is blocking my device's access to my feeds. It's really irritating. I think one time I accidentally sent too much data due to a code error and now it is not letting me send data anymore. What is the deal here? I have a paid subscription to adafruit and it really should be working for me and not blocking me without even telling me what is going on. Can someone from adafruit fix this?

GiselleLFreude

Re: Adafruit is blocking access to my feed

by jwcooper on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 am

When you say you are getting blocked from accessing your feeds, could you let us know what error message you are getting? What page you are getting blocked on? Where in the process this is happening (sending data?)?

Any details you can provide would be useful to help understand what is happening. Usually this indicates a high number of calls to IO happened in a short period of time, and we blocked an account to protect the IO service.

There is a good chance you can also find more details at https://io.adafruit.com/monitor

You can also email iosupport@adafruit.com if you'd like to provide the details there.

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.